Monday, November 10, 2008

I Wished Upon a Star

“I wish to run and not walk
I wish to skip and not fall
I wish to look into the sky
And not see a building standing tall”

I wish to be the only one to understand
I wish to break the earth in my hands
I wish to know everything the earth could be
If we only saw the beauty

I wish to find a green forest
And walk into the trees
I wish to fly into the sky
And wonder at all the things to see

I wish to be the greatest,
The sweetest animal
To look in different eyes
And see it all

I wish to swim the ocean
And never be drowned
I wish to hide anywhere
And see how long it takes to be found

I wish to know
I wish to understand
I wish to feel others pain
So that I can show a gentle hand

I wish to love and help others
To be the finest friend
To look into their eyes
And see a never ending end

I wish upon us all
The joy of all the joys
To be the only one
To wish upon a wishing voice

English text ©Copyright by Disappearing, Inc. All rights reserved. No portion of this poem may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without written permission from the Author.

7 comments:

Decemberflower said...

yesh. all my poems are now copyrighted. WHOO! by Disappearing too. that made me happy.

Rose Mary said...

wait, we can copyright stuff?? sweet!

Hoshi said...

we're Incorporated?! when did this happen?! but it's cool, anyway. will u make me an author? I'm not a great poet but I can try.

Rose Mary said...

seriously! that's so cool!
this is clearly something I'm gonna obsess about. oh dear.

so cool!

Decemberflower said...

yeah, my mom's an editor and she has to have her poems, stories, and stuff copyrighted so others don't steal it. she showed me how to copyright stuff, and i even learned how to do it with disappearing. so now it's totally official! AND WE (as disappearing members) CAN COPYRIGHT STUFF! just like, RM, i cam totally obssessed 'bout that!!!

Decemberflower said...

Rule 4 authors/admins:
ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGING THIS BLOG IN ANY WAY! NOT THE COLORS, PICTURE, OR ANYTHING.

yesh. now that's all cleared.

Rose Mary said...

copyrighting!