Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Autumn

I look out my window
Longing to feel the sweet breath of the autumn air on my skin
I press my fingers to the glass
It’s so thin…
But still a barrier between me and the grass.

I close my eyes
Imagine the dew soaking into my sweatshirt
A warm hand on mine
Hearing the crunch of leaves beneath our feet.

The crunch of leaves
The smell of trees
The wind breaths
Filling this world with colorful leaves.

"When we all know light as light, there arouses a recognition of darkness; When we all know darkness as the unknown, we decide that darkness equates to evil; When we all know evil as evil, we begin to recognize good; and with good, we associate light, which is pure; and in purity, we begin to realize that darkness, to, can be pure, just not in the way we have come to know." -me


English text ©Copyright by Disappearing, Inc. All rights reserved. No portion of this poem may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without written permission from the Author.

6 comments:

Hailey Conder said...

Beautifully done I must admit Jin. Not only your poem but the layout of the site. I must say your previous layouts weren't nearly as good as this one. No offense this is actually a compliment, you know I can't give compliments right.

Emma Claire said...

That's a really good poem! I like it a lot. It's really pretty to.

Reagan said...

I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove the site lay out. it's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

Hoshi said...

Thanks, guys. I actually wrote that one. yes. me. ME. i still can't beleive I wrote it. but i did. not jin... no offense jin.

1 question: Okami, which poem are you talking about? Autumn or The Pain of my Memories?

Thank you, Emma Claire! I'm glad you liked it.

I love the layout! It really does look awesome.

Rose Mary said...

that was good.

Rose Mary said...

still love the quote.